Our School Vision
Growing together to build our future
At Merley First School, we are proud to work together and be part of a loving, nurturing school, where everyone can grow and learn. Our Merley learner characteristics help us to achieve our best and lay the firm foundations to build an exciting future.
We believe the best way to educate children is by providing a happy, caring and positive environment. We encourage everyone to achieve their best and strive for high standards in teaching, learning and behaviour.
Each child is helped to:
- Develop a lively and enquiring mind, to grow in imagination and sensitivity by encouraging understanding, awareness and curiosity about the world;
- Acquire knowledge, skills, confidence and self esteem;
- To develop and adopt personal and moral values, ensuring that everyone equally enjoys respect and consideration.
This is done by:
- Equipping each child with the necessary skills in all areas of the curriculum with a strong emphasis on listening, reading, writing, communication and mathematics;
- Encouraging parents to take a full and active part in their child’s education;
- Developing good working relationships between parents, staff and governors..
We look forward to working in partnership with you during your child’s progress in learning with us.