Welcome to the Academy Committee Members section of the Website
The Academy Committee Members are a vital part of the school partnership and their role at Merley is to assist and support the headteacher and staff, together providing the best possible education, environment and opportunities for all the children. We work closely with the Trust, teachers, non-teaching staff and parents.
Some tasks of the Committee Members, in conjunction with the headteacher are:
- Agree the aim and values of the school
- Assist in the creation and review of the School Development Plan
- Review school policies
- Set and monitor the school budget
- Appoint staff
- Ensure the National Curriculum is taught and that the needs of individual children are met, including those who have special needs
- Establish and maintain positive links with the local community
- Have a published strategy for dealing with parental complaints
- To ensure a more efficient use of Members' time by sharing the workload
- To be well briefed and ready to assist the whole Governing Body on complex issues
- To provide a smaller forum for members’ individual contribution to detailed discussion
| Chair of Committee
As a proud member of Wimborne Academy Trust, our academy committee is overseen by the Trustees. To find out more about the Trustees of Wimborne Academy Trust please visit the website or click here to view Trust Member and Trustee biographies. Please click the link below to read biographies about our Members and Trustees.